Fall is our favorite time of year–the fields are bursting with pumpkins! Bring your students, troop, or group to experience the excitement of a real, working farm. All of our tours are self-guided and include our PumpkinFest activities.
Take a wagon-ride to the Pumpkin Patch to see first-hand how pumpkins grow and pick a Baby Pam right out of the field. Lots of hands-on learning opportunities for teachers right in the field!
- Wagon ride to the Pumpkin Patch
- Pick-your-own Baby Pam Pumpkin
- Jumping Pillows
- Giant Corn Maze
- BarnYard Animals
- Barn of Horror, Jr. & Alien Encounter, Jr.
- Spider Web Crawl
- Pedal go-carts on the SBF 500 Racetrack
- Ball Zone
- Mazes – hay, grass, fence
- Add Gem Mining (optional) for just $5/person… kids LOVE it!
- $8/person from Oct. 2 to 13
- $9/person from Oct. 16 – 31
- Get one FREE teacher/chaperone with every 15 students.
- Groups of less than 15 are welcome!
Add Gem Mining
Just $5/participant (optional, but kids love it)!
- Enjoy a hands-on experience like the gold miners of the Wild West
- Each class receives a lesson including the history of “sluicing” for gold
- Each student gets a bag of “mining rough,” containing gems or Fool’s Gold, to “mine” in their own sifter
- Please feel free to enjoy lunch in our shaded picnic grove.
- Picnic tables are available on a first come, first served basis.
- Pack a lunch or order from our food vendors. $5.00/person includes either grilled cheese, hot dog, or chicken tenders served with chips, & juice in a re-useable Trick-or-Treat bag.
- Food orders must be placed 1 week in advance. Please call 215-208-9299 to order.
Important Field Trip Guidelines
Picnic Area – If you would like to bring lunch or purchase food from our vendors, picnic tables are available on a first come, first served basis. You are welcome to bring blankets to sit on in the event no tables are available. You may also wish to bring handi-wipes for the children.
Dress Code – Please ask parents to dress children appropriately. The farm is generally cooler and muddier than other places because of the open fields.
Farm Market – is open for everyone to enjoy! We sell farm fresh fruits and veggies, fresh-baked cookies, donuts, pies, and candy, in addition to many gift items. When visiting our market, we require that each group of children have adequate adult supervision.
Behavior Problems – Farm staff may ask children who are behaving in an unsafe manner to wait for his/her group on the bus or at other designated location. Please remember that it is the responsibility of the group leaders and chaperones to supervise the children in their group.
Parking – Pull into the driveway, make first right onto gravel road (look for the School Tour Parking banner). Follow the gravel road across the bridge and turn left. BUSES please park on the gravel road and not on the grass. This should help eliminate buses getting stuck of the ground is wet. CARS for your safety please park on the grass in the School Tour area. Parking in the lot in front of the Farm Market is not safe as it will require crossing our busy driveway.
We will provide plastic bags for the pumpkins. Please bring labels pre-printed with children’s names or a permanent marker to label bags.
In event of inclement weather please call 215-968-1670 to cancel or re-schedule your tour.