Fall Group Tours
Fall is our favorite time of year–the fields are bursting with pumpkins! Bring your students, troop, or group to experience the excitement of a real, working farm. All of our tours are self-guided and include our FallFest activities.
Take a wagon ride to the pumpkin patch to see first hand how pumpkins grow and pick a Baby Pam right out of the field and pick an apple right out of the orchard (while supplies last). Lots of hands-on learning opportunities for teachers as they go.
School/Group Tours are available weekdays starting Sept. 30 and throughout October 2019. Call Patti at 215-968-1670 with any questions.
- Wagon Ride to the Apple Orchard / Pumpkin Patch
- Pick Your Own Baby Pam Pumpkin
- Pick Your Own Apple (while supplies last!)
- Giant Jumping Pillows
- 5 Acre Corn Maze
- BarnYard Animals
- Barn of Horror, Jr. & Alien Encounter, Jr.
- Spider Web Crawl
- SBF 500 Pedal Go Carts
- BEARS Playground
- Sports Challenge
- Hay Maze
- ALL NEW Adventure Course
- $8/person from Sept. 30 – Oct. 11
- $10/person from Oct. 14 – Oct. 31
- Get one FREE teacher/chaperone with every 15 students
- Any size group is welcome
- Make your reservation based on an estimated # of students & adults
- Payment due the day of your trip for # of students & chaperones in attendance
- Payment may be made by cash, credit card or checks made payable to Shady Brook Farm Markets, Inc.
Optional Gem Mining
Just $5/participant (optional, but kids love it!)
- Enjoy a hands-on experience like the gold miners of the Wild West
- Each class receives a lesson including the history of “sluicing” for gold
- Each student gets a bag of “mining rough,” containing gems or Fool’s Gold, to “mine” in their own sifter
- Please feel free to enjoy lunch in our shaded picnic grove.
- Picnic tables are available on a first come, first served basis.
- Pack a lunch or order from our food vendors.
- If ordering food from our vendors, please note that orders must be placed 1 week in advance. Call 215-208-9299 for pricing and to order.
IMPORTANT FIELD TRIP GUIDELINES
Picnic Area – If you would like to bring lunch or purchase food from our vendors, picnic tables are available on a first come, first served basis. You are welcome to bring blankets to sit on in the event no tables are available. You may also wish to bring handi-wipes for the children.
Dress Code – Please ask parents to dress children appropriately. The farm is generally cooler and muddier than other places because of the open fields.
Farm Market – is open for everyone to enjoy! We sell farm fresh fruits and veggies, fresh-baked cookies, donuts, pies, and candy, in addition to many gift items. When visiting our market, we require that each group of children have adequate adult supervision.
Behavior Problems – Farm staff may ask children who are behaving in an unsafe manner to wait for his/her group on the bus or at other designated location. Please remember that it is the responsibility of the group leaders and chaperones to supervise the children in their group.
Parking – Pull into the driveway, make first right onto gravel road (look for the School Tour Parking banner). Follow the gravel road across the bridge and turn left. BUSES please park on the gravel road and not on the grass. This should help eliminate buses getting stuck of the ground is wet. CARS for your safety please park on the grass in the School Tour area. Parking in the lot in front of the Farm Market is not safe as it will require crossing our busy driveway.
In event of inclement weather please call 215-968-1670 to cancel or re-schedule your tour.